My second book (still in the writing process) in the Urwelt Chronicles series, The Lioness and the Faerie Enchantment, features a greater integration of the Faerie and their particular magick into the story. Phineas Treadworthy, a faerie seer from the land of Urwelt, comes to Brumley Hall causing a disconcerting amount of mayhem, but also bringing his special brand of merriment and magick. Faeries are not disneyfied, always benevolent creatures. They are sentient beings of varied dispositions and sensitivities. Some are small sprites with wings, while others take a human appearance. For the most part they lie beyond the veil of our consciousness taking many mysterious forms. Attaching themselves to certain geographical areas such as Europe and particularly to certain countries such as Ireland, Wales and Scotland (the Celtic world) they live their lives in close proximity to us under
secluded hills, deep within the surrounding woods and forests and in and about bodies of inland waterways such as lakes, ponds and rivers. Their domains are spiritual and they seek to instruct us with the inner knowledge of our sacred role. This role is to recognize and redeem our creative forces in serving the living magic of individual and collective integration within the whole of nature, both human and non-human. With this in mind, I have listed five ways to attract the Faerie. There are others to be sure, but this is the beginning of the Faerie journey.
- Incorporate the Faerie into your domestic life, both ordinary and ritualistic. This lessens the veil between our world and theirs and helps our connection to grow stronger. By setting aside a special dwelling within the home and offering them food to their liking, such as milk, bread, honey, cake or apples, the household faeries will guard and protect your home from harm (theft, fire, and
other damage). Bring them into your holiday festivities and make them a part of your magickal practices. Use herbs and roots such as mandrake which possess the Faerie spirit but beware to harvest it according to tradition to make use of its guardian energy. Magickal ritual with the Faerie is a partnership and mutual exchange, not an authoritarian summoning. The Faerie which is a force of nature cannot be commanded to do ones bidding. The exchange must be mutual.
- Communication is on their terms, not ours. The humanseekerwill be advised when the Faerie wish to communicate. They are threshold beings living in the mists between the living and dead, inner and outer worlds and the gloaming (dawn or twilight). Contactmay be easier during times of the year when the veil is thinner such as All Hollows Eve and Beltane (Halloween and May Day). They may also be present along the roads and trails that lead into and out of the Faerie world or in places they hold sacred.
- Respect sacred space guarded by the Faerie. Refine your consciousness through meditation andawarenessto be sensitive to such places. Ecosystems such as woodlands and watersheds contain their own central point of intelligence where clusters of species have a potent affinity. Attune to the inner power of place by honoring the balance and integrity of nature. Respect this interlocking pattern of intelligence and walk lightly leaving no trace but your respectful footfalls behind.
- Develop powers of the Faerie. Cultivate inner stillness and second sight. Healing powers and other magickal abilities may be given by the Faerie. Be in tune to the subtle forces surrounding you and be willing to alter your lifestyle of excessive consumption to live in harmony with the natural world. Be the transformation you seek.
- Understand the Faerie culture, traditions, rules and prohibitions. You may be asked to fulfill certain tasks and as stated before, commit to inner changes of transformation. You will be tested by the Faerie and undergo an ordeal of shadows and strange forces along the journey. Transport to hidden realms every seven years may occur whereby you will be expected to pay a tithe or offering. Enchantment goes without saying as one attunes to the distinction between the two worlds, illusion and vision.
window.amznpubstudioTag = "urweltchronic-20";